Last update: 25th May, 2018
Protecting your privacy means maintaining our commitment of transparency with the use of your personal data. Therefore, we want you to know everything that includes the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will apply from 25th May, 2018.
The new GDPR introduces changes to the current data protection regulations in order to strengthen protection mechanisms and give more control to individuals over their own personal data.
From the BARCELONA TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL(hereinafter, “BTS”) we want to inform you of all the measures that we are going to implement in order to ensure that your personal data is perfectly protected.
- Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD)
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons (RGPD)
- Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSICE or LSSI).
1.WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
- Owner: BARCELONA TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
- Tax ID: B-66529926
- Address in Barcelona: Almogàvers, 119, 2nd floor, Barcelona (08018)
- Registration: registered in the Trade Register of Barcelona, Volume 44846, Sheet 210, Sheet Number 469234.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Protection Officer (DPO): email@example.com
2.WHAT KIND OF DATA DO WE COLLECT AND PROCESS?
The data we collect and the process has an identifying nature. We do not collect sensitive data.
3.HOW IS THE PROCESS OF YOUR DATA LEGITIMISED?
4.TO WHAT PURPOSE DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
At BTS, we process your data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you when you send us an e-mail.
- To send you informative and/or commercial communications by e-mail about the activities, initiatives or programmes of BTS.
- To answer your questions, queries, suggestions or request opinion or satisfaction surveys.
- To offer you the best possible experience by analysing your data with small programs (or plugins)
- To manage your registration, attendance and contracting to the different events, programs or courses promoted or organised by BTS.
- To assess and manage your candidacies as eligible student or job applications and, where appropriate, carry out the necessary actions for the selection and recruitment of personnel.
- To assess and manage the possible proposals that you send us within the framework of the different activities, initiatives, programs and challenges of BTS.
- To analyse visit metrics of our websites. For this, we collect information from your visits, by registering the IP address or protocol of your device. When you access any of our web pages, your IP address is automatically stored for the purpose of collecting this information purely for statistical purposes.
- To perform segmentation tasks. We can carry out the segmentation or elaboration of profiles in order to direct our communications and programs. The analysis of the profiles will not have any significant effect on the user’s rights.
While all these purposes can be based on a legitimate interest, we obtain consent for all processes. Remember that, in all these cases, you can always exercise your right of opposition, if you deem it appropriate, at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
5.WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
In accordance with the aforementioned purposes, BTS addresses the following categories of data:
- Identifying information: name, surname, postal address, email address, postal code, city, country and telephone number and, eventually, position, company and activity sector.
- Academic and professional data: training/qualifications, student history and professional experience, in the case of selection processes or when you present your proposals within the framework of our programs, challenges or initiatives.
- Traffic and location data. In this sense, we can collect additional information from visits to the web by registering the IP address or protocol of your device.
- Electronic communications metadata.
- Commercial information data.
- Economic, or financial, banking data.
- By providing your data, you ensure us that these are true, accurate, complete and up-to-date, responsible for any direct or indirect damage or loss that may be caused as a result of the breach of such obligation. In case you provide us with third party data, you must have the consent of the same and commit to transferring the information contained in this clause, exempting us from any responsibility in this regard. However, BTS may carry out the verifications to check this fact, adopting the corresponding due diligence measures, in accordance with the data protection regulations.
6.WHAT PRINCIPLES DO WE APPLY TO THE DATA WE PROCESS?
In order to process your personal data, we apply the following principles, which comply with the requirements of the new European Data Protection Regulation:
- Legality, loyalty and transparency: We will always ask for your consent for the processing of your personal data for any specific purpose that we will explain in full transparency.
- The minimisation of data: We are only going to request the data strictly necessary in relation to the purposes for which we require them, and that will always be the minimum possible.
- Limitation of the conservation period: The data will be kept never longer than necessary for the purposes of the process. Depending on what the data is required for, I will inform you of the corresponding conservation period.
- Integrity and confidentiality: Your data is processed in such a way that an adequate security of such personal data is guaranteed and confidentiality is guaranteed. From BTS the necessary precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access or improper use of the data by third parties.
7.HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will keep your personal data for as long as necessary so that BTS can comply with its legal or regulatory obligations during the prescription periods in commercial, civil, administrative or criminal legislation that in each case may be applicable.
BTS will carry out periodically an analysis of the data conservation periods, deleting ex officio those data whose information has become obsolete or outdated.
8.WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR DATA?
We inform you that certain data, within the framework of the current regulations or the contractual relationship that you maintain with BTS, can be communicated to:
- The State Security Forces and Bodies by virtue of the provisions of the Law.
- Other professionals in the legal field, when such communication is required normatively.
- Third parties that manage digital campaigns as well as your assistance to certain events or initiatives organised or co-organised by BTS.
In addition, BTS uses different tools to manage your data that are strictly necessary for the development of our digital properties. These tools are contracted to third parties, which have their corresponding privacy conditions, whereby you can see below:
- Web platforms: The platforms in which some of the digital properties of BTS are built and executed on are:
- Web services: BTS has different hosting providers so that their digital properties are online and fully functional.
In addition to these third-party services, BTS also uses some products provided by Google (Analytics, Tag Manager, Audiences).
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have the right to:
1.Consult your personal data included in BTS files (right of access)
2.Modify your personal data when they are inaccurate (right of rectification)
3.Request the deletion of your personal data (right to be forgotten)
4.Request that your personal data not be processed (right of opposition)
5.Limit the processing of your personal data in the following cases:
- While the accuracy of your data is checked.
- When the process is lawful, but you oppose the removal of your data.
- When BTS does not need to process your data but you need it to exercise or defend your legitimate rights and interests.
- When you have opposed the process of your data for the fulfilment of a mission in the public interest or for the satisfaction of a legitimate interest while verifying if the legitimate reasons for the treatment prevail over yours.
6.Receive, in electronic format, the personal data that you have provided us and those that have been obtained from your contractual relationship with BTS, as well as transmit them to another entity (portability right).
If you consider that we have not processed your data adequately, you can contact the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
. If you consider that the process of your data violates the General Data Protection Regulation, you also have the right to file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency.
The exercise of these rights is free.
To exercise your rights, you shall accompany your request with a copy of your ID or an equivalent document proving your identity.
Also, at any time, you can withdraw the consent given without affecting the request for processing by sending your request to any of the addresses included in the first section.
10.SECRET AND SECURITY OF DATA
From BTS we are committed to the use and processing of personal data of the users respecting their confidentiality and to use them in accordance with the purpose for which they were initially collected.
Naturally, we also comply with our obligation to keep them, so we adopt all necessary measures so that there is no loss, process or unauthorised access or alteration of the same, as established in the current data protection regulations.
In addition, BTS will never share your personal data with anyone, except when the law requires it or you give us your express consent.
BTS uses an SSL certificate, which is a security protocol that makes the data you submit travel safely, to be encrypted or encrypted until they reach the place transmitted.
Unfortunately, from BTS we cannot guarantee 100% the impregnability of the Internet, and, consequently, the violation of data through fraudulent access by hackers and other third parties with malicious intentions.
Even so, at the moment that there is a security incident and BTS is aware of it, we will notify you immediately and we will give you all the information related to the security incident that is known at that moment, or when you require it.
11.ACCURACY AND TRUTHFULNESS OF DATA
You, as a user, are solely responsible for the accuracy and correctness of the data you provide us, so you exonerate us from any liability in this regard.
You are responsible for guaranteeing and responding to the accuracy, validity and veracity of the personal data that you provide us, and you undertake to keep them duly updated.
12.ACCEPTANCE AND CONSENT
BTS reserves the right to modify this policy to adapt it to legislative or jurisprudential changes, as well as to industry practices. When we carry out these changes, we will announce them before their implementation.
Your personal data will be processed by BTS under the strictest confidentiality, applying the corresponding technical and organisational security measures in accordance with current regulations.